- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 medium red bell pepper, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4, 15oz cans of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 jar Stonewall Kitchen Salsa Verde
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Zest from ½ of a lime
- Juice from ½ of a lime
- Toppings: Sour Cream, Avocado, Scallions, Sliced Jalapeno, Fresh Cilantro, Cheddar Cheese
- In a large pot, warm the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onions and peppers and sauté until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and saute until fragrant. Pour in the half of the beans, vegetable broth, and cumin. Bring to a simmer.
- Using an immersion blender, puree the soup until the majority of beans and onions are pureed. Add in the remaining black beans, the jar of Stonewall Kitchen Salsa Verde, lime zest, lime juice and salt.
- Cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Top with desired toppings and serve hot.