- 1.5 to 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast or thighs, cut into thin strips
- 1 cup Legal Sea Foods Fish Fry Mix
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup flour
- Oil for Frying (such as canola or vegetable)
- Heat oil in an electric deep fryer or in a large, heavy, deep non-reactive pan until it reaches 350°F.
- Add the Legal Sea Foods Fish Fry Mix to a large bowl and whisk in the water and milk until smooth. Set aside.
- Place the flour in a shallow bowl and line a baking sheet with paper towels to prepare your fry station.
- Toss the chicken strips in the flour, ensuring they are well coated. Remove any excess flour. Dip them into the batter and allow the excess to drip off (If the batter has gotten too thick for your liking, you can add a little more water at this point to thin it out).
- Gently lower the chicken strips into the hot oil and fry until golden brown on all sides. Place finished chicken strips on the prepared baking sheet. Continue with remaining chicken. Serve hot.