Made With Our
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups all purpose flour, sifted
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, beaten with 1 Tablespoon water for the egg wash
- 5 ounces sweetened coconut flakes
- 3 Tablespoons Tropical Fruit Jam, Mimosa Jam , Tangerine Marmalade or Lemon Pear Marmalade
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment (a hand mixer can be used), cream together the butter and sugar on medium speed until combined. Add the vanilla and mix.
- Add the flour and salt and mix on low speed until the dough starts to come together.
- Flatten dough into a round disk, wrap in plastic and chill in the refrigerator at least 30 minutes or up to 3 days.
- Roll dough into 1-inch balls. Dip each ball into the egg wash then roll in the coconut.
- Place on prepared baking sheet about 2-inches apart. Press an indentation in the top of each cookie with your thumb or the back side of a measuring spoon. Place 1/4 teaspoon Tropical Fruit Jam on each cookie.
- Bake 16-18 minutes or until the coconut begins to brown and the cookies are golden brown around the edges. Remove from oven and cool on baking sheet 10 minutes.
- Remove to wire rack and cool completely. Serve or store in an airtight container.